STEM Facilitator (Bilingual)
Description: The bilingual STEM Facilitator, reporting to the CEO, is responsible for delivering Science East’s educational programs. This responsibility includes the public and school programming offered by the Science Centre and incorporates both on-site and outreach activities.
- Deliver programs that are age-appropriate, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) based and which compliments Science East’s mission and programming goals.
- Deliver scientific concepts and explanations in a clear, concise and engaging manner to audiences of various ages.
- Ensure the safety of the children and parents by following safety rules and regulations.
- A post-secondary degree / diploma in Science, Applied Science, Technology, Arts, Communications.
- Experience and/or interest in education, delivering educational programs and working with school-age children
- Flexibility in work hours is required, including weekends and evenings
- Valid driver’s license—regular travel is a significant aspect of this position
- Criminal record check with the vulnerability sector
- Ability to speak and write fluently in both English and French
- Deliver educational programming activities at the science centre and through extensive outreach
- Initiate and maintain contact with potential partners to Education/Outreach Programs
- Prepare reports on the assigned areas
- Customer service, point of sale (POS) transactions, and science centre care
- Provide organizational support
- Self-motivated, organized
- Works well individually and with a team
- First Aid and/or CPR training is considered an asset
Full-Time position to being September 1, 2018.
Salary will commensurate with experience
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to:
David Desjardins, CEO