TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2022 @ 11:30 am
James Webb Telescope’s LIVE image reveal at Science East!
The event is open to the public at general admission and can also be viewed live via one of the many live feeds from NASA, CSA and ESA.
About the Webb Mission:
- NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope is the largest and most complex space science observatory ever built to transform our view of the universe and deliver world-class science.
- Led by NASA, in partnership with the European and Canadian space agencies, Webb is an international collaboration involving hundreds of scientists and thousands of engineers.
- Webb will study every phase of 13.5 billion years of cosmic history – from within our solar system to the most distant observable galaxies in the early universe, and everything in between.
- Webb will seek light from the first galaxies in the early universe, and it will explore our own solar system, as well as nearby planets orbiting other stars.
- Themes highlighted in the first images and spectra include cutting-edge explorations of the early universe, the evolution of galaxies through time, the lifecycle of stars, and other worlds outside our solar system.
- Webb’s unprecedented sensitivity to infrared light will help astronomers understand how galaxies assemble over billions of years.
- Webb will see through dust clouds, where stars and planetary systems are born.
- In addition to learning about our own solar system, Webb will study atmospheres of planets orbiting other stars, called exoplanets.
Webb will reveal new and unexpected discoveries to help us understand our cosmic origins, seeking to answer age-old questions:
How did the universe begin?
How do galaxies form and evolve?
How do we fit in the cosmos?
For further inquiries, see contact information below.
Kaitlyn Tuff, Communications Officer
Science East Science Centre
(506) 457-2340 ext. 126
Science East is New Brunswick’s science centre! We provide quality, inquiry-based learning for students, meaningful and engaging workshops for teachers and professionals, as well as fun and educational activities for the public.
Play, Discover, Learn.
Mardi 12 juillet 2022